Starting your own business can be a great way to be your own boss and serve a need in your community; however, the process can seem overwhelming. This course will establish some of the groundwork for starting your own business.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize three aspects to work on to develop a business.
- Discover and discuss why to start a business.
- Describe the different types of businesses.
- Analyze different factors in starting a business and review key factors to consider before embarking on starting your own business.
- Identify the steps necessary to start a business.
- Decide if becoming an independent contractor is a viable option.
- Recognize some of the do’s and don’ts that need to be considered when starting a business.
This series is best taken in order by completing with each class building on work from the previous. From these classes, you can expect to have a broad overview of various points to consider when opening or starting a business.
Be Your Own Boss Series Course Details
Class 1: Starting a Business
Class 2: Finding the Value
Class 3: Understanding the Customer
Class 4: Validating the Product or Service
Class 5: Marketing the Business
Class 6: Running the Business
Class 7: Creating the Business Plan
Class 8: Evaluating the Business